A dedicated educator as well as performer, Frank is a Professor in the Studio/Jazz Guitar Program at the USC Thornton School of Music. He is responsible for the Program's offerings in Jazz Guitar Pedagogy, Jazz Guitar Arranging and Improvisation, and Advanced Guitar Performance. He is also the director of Trio Ensemble and Wire Choir Ensemble. A select few are currently studying privately with Frank, but in any teaching setting, he offers students the true working professional's insights on the art of live performance.
More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Potenza_(guitarist)
- Professional guitar and bass classes, performance workshops and jazz ensembles, music theory, harmony, improvisation, ear training and solfeggio, recording techniques, midi applications, history of jazz, history of rock and roll, and private guitar and bass studies.
Invited Lectures, Seminars, and Master Classes
- Rhythm Section Master Class, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho
- Adjudicator - Jazz Festival 2000, California State University Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Jazz Guitar Master Classes, Spotlight Awards Competitions The Music Center, Los Angeles, California
- Adjudicator - Annual Jazz Festival, California State University Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
2000 CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Los Angeles
- Master of Arts, Major in Music with special recognition in graduate studies
1999 Elected to Long Beach Chapter of PHI KAPPA PHI Honor Society.
1972 BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC, Boston, Massachusetts
- Bachelor of Music - Major in Music Education
1972 - Present Special Studies
GUITAR - Mick Goodrick and Joe Pass
CLASSICAL GUITAR - Andrew Caponegro
ARRANGING - Phil Wilson, Herb Pomeroy, and Ted Pease
IMPROVISATION - John La Porta
COMPUTER SYNTHESIS AND MIDI APPLICATIONS - Dr. George W. Shaw
2010 – Fingerboard Mastery: Scales and Arpeggios, Book One with Nick Stoubis, USC Thornton School of Music Guitar Instructional Series - Mel Bay Publications Inc.
2012 – Fingerboard Mastery: Scales and Arpeggios, Book Two with Nick Stoubis, USC Thornton School of Music Guitar Instructional Series - Mel Bay Publications Inc.